Ten years ago, people dreamed of the benefits of working from home. Who hasn’t dreamed of skipping the morning commute and working in their pajamas? Though there’s more to remote working than staying in your PJs all day, it really is as good as people say.
Bask In The Benefits
When you don’t have to go into the Charleston office every day, you automatically stress less. No worries about making sure the car is gassed up; no laying out your business-casual outfit the night before; no getting up at the crack of dawn to get ready. Aside from that, consider these 10 reasons why working at home can be even better than you thought.
1) Improve your health - Traffic can raise your blood pressure, and take-out lunches can increase your waistline. Working remotely gets rid of both problems.
2) Choose an office - A corner of the dining room, a screened in back deck, or a standing desk in the kitchen all make for fantastic remote work offices. Whatever fits your lifestyle is the way to go.
3) Save money - Working remotely will cost you less. Less money on business attire, less money on gas to commute, and you’ll save a ton when you make your own coffee and meals at home.
4) Work anywhere - You can work from your Charleston home, in the café down the street, or in an entirely different part of the world. As long as you have a place to sit and a Wi-Fi connection, just choose your destination and go.
5) Become an independent researcher - Without a co-worker sitting next to you, you’ll boost your independent learning and research skills. Both Google and Bing can tell you a lot of things you don’t know.
6) Write better - Working remotely means more writing to communicate. You’ll learn how to be precise, clear, and more understanding in emails to your peers.
7) Develop focus - With fewer office distractions, you’ll have the ability to really focus on the job without the worry of what’s going on in the next cubicle.
8) Increase productivity - People who work from home actually have the ability to get more done without the wasted time spent commuting or going to unproductive meetings.
9) Reduce drama - Forget the politics, gossip, and personal opinions; working remotely means less involvement in things that are not relevant to your job.
10) You’ll stay where you are - Working remotely can decrease your desire to look for a different job because it’s too sweet of a gig to give up.
Make It Happen
Working remotely is not a way to avoid a job, it’s just a way to switch things up and get more out of what you do. You’ll still be productive, but you’ll at least get to change the scenery while you do it. If you’re ready to take the leap and work remotely in Charleston, contact Liz Communications today for more information on how to make it happen.